CONSIDER CARDIOLOGY CONSULTATION
- Acute and serious cardiac decompensation.
- Acute coronary event.
- Significant arrhythmia.
- Uncertain diagnosis.
- Inadequate control of heart failure.
- Requirements for further cardiac evaluation such as valvular disease, ischemic heart disease.
INPATIENT MANAGEMENT REQUIRED
- Clinical or electrocardiographic evidence of acute myocardial ischemia or acute myocardial infarction.
- Pulmonary edema or severe respiratory distress.
- Symptomatic hypotension or syncope.
- Heart failure refractory to outpatient therapy.
- Management of clinically significant arrhythmia.
- Inadequate social support for safe outpatient management.
- Hospitalization may be needed at any level of care within the algorithm.
HEART FAILURE CLINIC REFERRAL
- Currently "Heart Failure Clinic" can be different from each other in their capacity and extent of involvement in care of heart failure patients. Communicate and acquire information of how much they can help manage your patients.